Monday, May 10, 2010

Here's The Plan.

Now that I have a bit more time, I am beginning to gear up for over three months In Eastern Europe. The basic plan looks something like this. This Saturday, I leave my home in the Los Angeles area for Bucharest, Romania. There, I will be interning with the U.S. Commercial Service for a roughly 6-week period. During this time I will pay special attention to the inner-workings of trade and international partnering in this region, especially as they relate to infrastructure development. I also hope to make it to Moldova and Bulgaria while in the area. From there, I will spend a few days touring Brussels, Belgium, the capital of the EU. I am also very interested in doing business in the Polish market, so I will spend the latter part of the summer improving my Polish skills at an intensive language program at Jagiellonian University, in Krakow.
This is not my first experience with the culture of international Business. In 2008 I worked as the English Desk Business Reporter, and intern in Maldives (http://tvmintern.blogspot.com/). Through my daily reports, I was able to witness not only the advantageous aspects of how the system functions, but also of how barriers to trade and currency fluctuations can have adverse effects. This summer I will be taking the next step by actually participating in the process as it happens, and by cultivating the skills I'll need to succeed in the Eastern European business environment. The adventure begins in 5 days.

3 comments:

  1. You are going at a very interesting time. CNN International reported tonight that Bulgaria and Macedonia signed a friendship agreement that will improve Macedonia's chances of EU membership.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a blog Andrew? Since when?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, this one's new but I had my Maldives one two years before that.

    ReplyDelete