Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Learning Curve

As is often true with a new job, it takes some time to learn the ropes. Today I spent most of the time preparing for a reception, celebrating the laugh of a new company’s business in Romania, my main task was to make the guest list. This took the better part of the day, due to the length of the guest list, and amount on information on each visitor. After I finally finished, I was told that I had put to much information into the list. I also needed a lot of help a lot of help making the name tags. Asking so many questions is a bit of a departure for me, as I am used to being more independent. However, the staff at the embassy has been very understanding. They never hesitate to help me out or explain an obscure computer program, or procedure. In fact they are very light spirited about it. As my supervisor, Mrs. Florea about interns and their questions: “it’s normal, they learn their way around just about when their time here is up.” I can see how this is true,and , I learned a few new tricks of the trade today.They will include making sure that everything runs smoothly at the event tomorrow evening. An interesting side note, I met an official for Turkey today as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment