Friday, May 21, 2010

Getting Closer to The Long Weekend.

Yesterday, I went to the kick-off reception for Optaros, a company expanding its business in Romania. My job there was essentially to check everyone in at the door. This was actually harder than it sounded. Because of a last minute guest list change, we didn’t have half the name badges. After, most of guest arrived I was allowed to go and mingle. Many of the people at the reception were close to my age, and they seemed to take great pleasure in telling me where to go in Romania, and seemed to think that only 6-weeks in the country were a very short time. The conversation ranged from how we learned foreign languages to how to deal with stray dogs. They I had an enjoyable time.My supervisor is out of the office for a few weeks, so I get to use her desk and fill in for her. Because Monday is a national holiday, a long weekend is coming. Many of the people in the office decided to start the weekend early this Friday. Today is kind of relaxing; I just hope no one calls because I am afraid of the complicated phone system.

No comments:

Post a Comment