Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Getting There is Half The Fun

It took me three days to arrive in Bucharest, but I’m not complaining. The travel went off without a hitch and I met many interesting people My journey began with a late night flight to Chicago, where I spent the night. The next morning, I met with one of my friends, who is from southeastern Europe, and whose family has spent some time in Romania. She took me to her house for a breakfast of neleśników and a crash course on what to expect. This advice has already proven valuable in the short time I have been here. Thanks to Klaudia and her family for helping me out.
After this it was back to the airport, for the Polish airlines flight to Warsaw. Despite an hour long delay the flight itself went rather smoothly. I sat next to a gentleman who teaches people how to sell insurance overseas. Compared notes about the cultural differences between many of the Eastern European nations and how it impacts upon the development of the sales approach. He also asked me to help him with the pronunciation of Polish cities.
Due to the late arrival in Warsaw, The plane to Bucharest almost left without me. Me, and the Russian and Romanian travelers I met literately had to run to make the final boarding calls for out connecting flights. After a quiet flight to Bucharest, Murphy’s law seemed to take full hold of my Journey. I arrived in Bucharest to find that while I had barely made my connection, my bags had not. Actually, I can’t say I wasn’t completely surprised. My bags have been lost twice before when I have flown to Poland. Never the less, this obviously did complicate matters. Having made arrangements for the return of my lost luggage I pushed on to my apartment in the city center.

No comments:

Post a Comment