Tuesday, May 18, 2010

First Day and A Fresh Start


I arrived at the Commercial Service feeling rather nervous. As I am going to be working here for six weeks I wanted to make a good impression, and circumstances dictated that I had to report in two day old informal wear, asking about where I could find a replacement cord to charge my computer. The staff couldn’t have been more understanding. In no time at all they had found me a replacement cord. Two members of the staff, my supervisor, Monica Florea, and Monica Eremia, took great pleasure in showing me around and helping me get my bearings on my first day at CS Bucharest. They also quickly put me to work, sending trade-fair invitations to Romanian companies in the information technologies industry. While I still have more of the learning curve to go, I finished my first work day feeling accomplished. Coming back to the apartment I found that the lock had been repaired and that the bags were delivered. Now more situated, I am in my iron curtain era apartment, which I like better that the apartment I had last year in college. The sound of rain and barking street dogs is filtering in though the window. I am exhausted and ready to make a fresh start in the morning. Above is the view of Central Bucharest from my 8th floor studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment